Red Hat System Administration I
Red Hat® System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals who are new to Linux® and require core Red Hat Enterprise Linux skills. This course focuses on essential administration tasks that will be encountered in the workplace, including installing the operating system, establishing network connectivity, managing physical storage, and performing basic security administration.
Early in the course, GUI-based tools will be featured to build upon the students' existing technical knowledge. As the course progresses, key command-line concepts will be introduced to provide a foundation for students planning to continue to Red Hat System Administration II with the goal of becoming full-time Linux system administrators.
- Graphical installation of Linux
- Managing physical storage
- Introduction to the command line
- Learning how to install and configure software components and services
- Establishing network connections and firewall access
- Managing and securing files
- Administrating users and groups
- Accessing Linux file systems
- Installing and using viryialized systems
- Reviewing the system log files and journal
Windows System Administrators, IT professionals new to Linux.
Having some knowledge of Linux is preferable but not mandatory