JBoss Application Server is a J2EE free application server, entirely written in Java and published under the GNU LGPL license. JBoss Application Server implements every J2EE services with JBoss Portal, JBoss Seam, Tomcat and Hibernate, jBPM and Rules frameworks. This course provides the required skills to manage a JBoss server in a production environment.
- Overview of JBoss architecture,
- Presentation of kernel and layers, components and tools.
Installation and configurations
- Hardware and software requirements,
- JBoss installation,
- Basic configurations,
- Data sources,
- Virtual hosts,
- Services: Web container, JNDI, MQ, etc.
- Web applications (.war),
- Enterprise JavaBeans - EJB (.jar),
- Enterprise application (.ear).
Control and monitoring
- JMX Console,
- Analysis with JConsole,
- Operation through scripts with twiddle.
- Securing the server,
- Identifying and disabling useless services and applications,
- Authentication and encryption,
- JAAS certificates and secure connections (HTTPS/SSL).
- Identifying an issue,
- Tools for an advanced investigation.
- Cluster configuration,
- Deployment of mod_jk (Apache),
- Session management,
System administrators in charge of a JBoss server.
- SFL301 course,
- Certifications: LPI Level 1, Novell CLA, RHCT, UCP or equivalent experience.