Creating an Integrated Management System tailored to various specific requirements of the International Organization of Francophonie – a non-governmental organization acting for the promotion of the French language and culture throughout the world.
Business sectorNon Govermental Organization
- Project management
- Functionnal & Technical Support
90reduction in paper consumption
In order to revamp its obsolete information system, OIF launches an international call for tenders. OIF seeks a modern, flexible, scalable and open source solution so as to meet specific IT and performance needs of all its international branches and functions.
The chosen solution was based on Odoo (formerly OpenERP) version 7 and is articulated around the integration with SAGE, Docubase and Active Directory. Odoo has been entirely customized to respond to the specific needs of the IOF:
- program management
- project management
- budget and finance management
- travel and mission management
- global directory, communication and financial control management
In order to respect the tight delivery deadlines required, Savoir-faire Linux chose an agile methodology consisting of two-week sprints. The IOF participated regularly to test and validate weekly deliveries. A specific architecture was also designed for this project offering a high level of availability for the application and very efficient load-balancing to be able to overcome projected peak usage of the system.
Savoir-faire Linux was also responsible for the support and maintenance of the application once it was implemented into production.
- The IOF now benefits from a custom-built solution integrated with its other management tools. The conception of the SIG2G allowed the Organization to modernize an important number of business processes, by optimizing them or either partially or entirely automating them.
- The OIF also positioned itself skillfully for the future by choosing free software that is open, flexible and completely scalable.
- The Organization now has a real centralized database of information (such as a central directory) shared in real time between all of its establishments.
- Finally, the IOF has reached one of its environmental objectives which aimed to eliminate 90% of paper consumption.